Oak Orchard Review
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
The editors of the Oak Orchard Review currently seek fiction stories, photography, digital art, poetry, and/or nonfiction essays from individuals who feel a connection to the Oak Orchard River region; specifically, writers and artists who live or have lived in Western New York. The theme for the Spring 2018 issue is "To Be Of Use," inspired by the Marge Piercy poem of the same name. Writers and artists may interpret the theme as they like. Submissions are accepted from July to mid-December.
- All work must be original, previously unpublished, and in English
- decisions for publication remain solely based upon the editors’ preferences.
- We ask that authors and artists submit between one and three entries per issue
- We kindly ask writers and artists wait until the submission deadline has commenced and editors given sufficient time to review submissions before a definitive response regarding publication (February 2018). That said, early submissions are invited and encouraged. Responses are generally sent within 45 days.
- Oak Orchard Review is a nonprofit endeavor, run by unpaid volunteers. We do not pay writers and artists for publication. We do honor our selected writers and artists with publication and with a reading, where they are invited to share their work at the online magazine's release party. Past venues for readings have been at The Pillars, at The Shirt Factory Cafe, at area public libraries, and at The Wide Angle Art Gallery.
- By submitting your work to Oak Orchard Review, you grant us first serial rights and the right to archive your work online for an indefinite period of time. As appropriate, we may also choose to nominate published work for awards or recognition. You retain all other rights.